Blog Writer's Application
Use the form below to apply to write some content for the "Church Voice" blog on The Manna House. You can also use this form to submit the content if it is already written.
Here are some things you will need to know:
- Restrictions and limitations of liability
- Final decision about inclusion of your content, or acceptance for future submission is entirely at the discretion of The Manna House. We will endeavour to reply to all applications as swiftly as possible regardless of outcome.
- Your application will be kept on file whether or not your application is successful.
- The Manna House will not openly affiliate itself with your content. The by-line will state your name as the author and it is up to you to stand by or retract your words. Always remember that you are addressing all of the internet, not just the Christians in your church or in Northampton. Avoid attacking other groups in any way. Your words carry the power to affect people positively or negatively; choose them wisely.
- All submitted content must be your own work. We will ask you to make a declaration that you have obtained all necessary permissions if you quote other peoples' work or use copyrighted images. Making this declaration in the knowledge that the submitted content is not your own will result in any legal action issued from the injured party being deferred to you.
- You may not own rights to your content if you have submitted it to other sites or publishers before, or created the work for another party. If your work has been published elsewhere (or is pending publication), make sure you have permission to publicly share your work on the Manna House site. We will ask you to make a declaration that you have obtained all necessary permissions. Making this declaration in the knowledge that the submitted content is not yours to share will result in any legal action issued from the injured party being deferred to you.
- The Manna House makes no proprietary claims to your work beyond having been given indefinite permission to display your work for this "The Church Voice" in its present or any future state.
- The Church Voice is a blog designed to give different Christians from different denominations, walks of life, giftings, levels of training, areas of ministry (etc) a platform to share thoughts and ideas, to talk about the work of the church, specific ministries and missions, experiences as Christians and testament of God's hand in all these areas. It is predominantly to share God's influence in the county of Northamptonshire, but not exclusively. We would be pleased to receive applications from outside of Northamptonshire too.
- General information
- No word limits are imposed, but we recommend keeping your work concise in order to keep your post interesting and engaging.
- We want to avoid employing censorship over your work or inserting editorial notes, but will discuss with you if we feel there are any issues of concern with your content.
- We reserve the right to pair your work with other contributors in the interest of balance or where thematically relevant.
- We ask you to provide a few words about yourself in order to give your words context. It would not be appropriate to give a full potted history, but rather something that can fit into 1-3 short sentences. Include any credentials that give authority to your words. Do not invent credentials or give false information about yourself.
- Commenting on the blog is open, but moderated. Not all comments will be complimentary so we offer the usual advice: don't respond to criticism. If you choose to respond nonetheless, or respond to engage in healthy conversation and debate, please do not take criticism personally or respond ad hominem.